I just started getting into fashion/beauty even though I had been uninterested most of my life. I’d love tips and tricks, and I’ll be showing you some of my neat newbie finds.
I found this questionnaire on LUUUX.com and thought it might help you understand me a tiny bit more:
1. How many times do you wash your face daily?
Just once before I go to bed, unless I’m having a breakout
2. What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)
I have combination skin.
3. What is your current facial wash?
Neutregena No-Rinse Makeup removing cloths followed by Derma e Very Clear problem skin cleanser
4. Do you exfoliate?
Occasionally – about once a week
5. What brand do you use?
Derma e Microdermabrasion scrub
6. What moisturizer do you use?
I switch between whatever samples I get from Sephora. My standby is from Sephora
7. Do you have freckles?
Yes, I have a few here and there.
8. Do you use eye cream?
9. Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
Sure did! its mostly better now.
10. Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
11. What foundation do you use?
I usually use a Beauty Balm (Dr. Jart+) but for real foundation I use Dior.
12. How about concealer?
13. Do you know your undertone color?
I’m a mutant. I have both. If you inspect my arms to look at the veins some look green and some look blue – so I guess that means my undertone is neutral which is awesome since I can basically wear any color!
14. What do you think of fake eyelashes?
Some of them look pretty – the ones that just enhance your natural lashes, but most look really silly.
15. Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Sure do – That’s especially important for me since I had LASIK
16. What brand of mascara do you use?
I rotate between different ones, currently I have Dior Show, Lancôme Hypnôse Drama, and Maybelline the Falsies open.
17. Sephora or MAC?
Sephora. I like having choices, and MAC is only MAC brand.
18. Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
19. What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
everything! On a normal day I use a few different eye brushes, a liner brush, a brow brush, eyelash curlers, and a kabuki. When I’m going all out I also use a foundation, concealer, and blush brush.
20. Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
Yes – its a must. I work 12 hour days and that is the only way to stay crease free.
21. For the face?
Not typically, but when I’m going for perfection I use Smashbox Photo Finish
22. What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?
Its either green or purple shades – anything that makes my eyes pop!
23. Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
Neither. I typically use cream liner applied with a brush. Occasionally I’ll use a pencil but its super rare. I do use a Kohl stick for my waterline
24. How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
25. What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
They are fun – but I’ve only got a few so far.
26. Do you use mineral makeup?
Occasionally – I don’t notice a difference typically.
27. What is your favorite lipstick?
I don’t have one yet.
28. How about lipgloss?
Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in POP
29. What is your favorite blush to use?
30. Do you buy your makeup on ebay?
No, but I will probably grab some false eyelashes to try from there.
31. Do you like drugstore makeup?
Its hit and miss. It seems that formulas are inconsistent within the brands and seem to be less universal in use. I’ll occasionally pick one up if I spy something I love the look of.
32. Do you go to CCO’s? (cosmetic company outlets)
I didn’t know such a thing existed
33. Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
Yep. I wanted to be able to apply my own makeup for my wedding since it was out of state and so I took classes and that began my obsession with makeup.
34. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Clumsy? No. Slow? Yes.
35. Name a makeup crime that you hate?
Only wearing liner under the eye and having it super smudged. It just looks like you didn’t sleep for a week!
36. Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
Both depending on the situation
37. Which celebrity always has great make up?
38. If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use?
39. Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Sure – But I love wearing makeup
40. Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
41. In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
Urban Decay. They have a super wide variety of makeup that is suitable for any occasion – glam for evenings out, neutral for work, and colorful for times you just want to be playful.
42. What do you think of Makeup?
Its a way to bring out the features I want to “feature” sorry bad pun. I like highlighting my best features and drawing attention to them. Its not something I hide behind – its something to enhance.