In case you don’t remember, here is a summary of the Awesomeness level:
Box Awesomeness Level Review (AL)
- 5 points for an item that surpasses everything else I’ve tried and becomes my #1 choice for what role it fulfills
- 4 points for an item that becomes added to my permanent collection of cosmetics and I will repurchase
- 3 points for an item that joins my “I might buy this again” list
- 2 points for an item I finished or will finish the entire sample of but in the end decided not to re-purchase
- 1 point for an item that I tried and immediately threw out/gave away
- 0 points if the item was a duplicate of something from a previous bag/box/kit that only scored a 1 in that box – meaning I knew enough to not even bother with trying it.
- Don’t forget that I subtract 1/2 point for samples that can only be used 2 or fewer times.
Sample Size: 0.5 oz
Full Size: 1.69 oz
Full Size Price: $55.00
Sample Value: $16.27
AL<- 1 For me this was a horrible product. I know other people swear by it, but the 16 hours of redness was intolerable for me. Luckily I tried it on a weekend.
Sample Size: 0.1 oz
Full Size: 1.6 oz
Full Size Price: $76.00
Sample Value: $4.75
AL<-1 I did not like this scent, but my friend loved it. I kinda wish I’d made my AL take into account when a sample goes above and beyond, like this one with its nice size and roller ball. Take that fragrance samples from other companies!
Sample Size: 0.45 oz
Full Size: 2.6 oz
Full Size Price: $40.00
Sample Value: $6.92
AL<-3 this was a neat product, and if I ever decide I want an exfoliator to use daily I will probably get this!
Sample Size: 1.6 oz
Full Size: 1.6 oz (also a 4 and a 7 oz size)
Full Size Price: $8.10
Sample Value: $8.10
AL<-1 I wanted to like it, I tried it a bunch of times, but it just didn’t work for me.
AL<-3 I liked it a bunch and may decide someday that I want another, but I will continue repurchasing a very similar product from the same company.
Awesomeness level? 1+1+3+1+3=9 9 /5= 1.8
Sample Box Value $56.04 -(This does not include the coupon or the magazine subscription) Even though this got a fairly low Awesomeness rating, the products were fabulously sized – and what is the point of getting sample boxes if not to learn what you like and don’t like so you can avoid spending money on products you will inevitably dislike or to expose you to products you never knew existed and love!
I think this box is super worth trying out – you get fabulously sized samples, a year’s subscription to Allure, and a discount coupon all for $15.00 each month.
FTC Disclaimer: Not affiliated with nor compensated by Beauty Bar Sample Society. Items purchased by me for my own personal use. For more information please review mydisclosure policy. The below banner does not benefit me in any way, the referral program allows Beauty Bar to make a donation of $5.00 for each person who makes an order using the code – so I earn nothing by having it there.